Communications & Telephony
Unified Communications & Telephony
We specialise in bringing together employers and candidates in the rapidly expanding Unified Communications market. We support both permanent and contract recruitment.
With a genuine understanding of UC technologies and market, combined with 19 years’ experience in delivering professional recruitment services – we are here to help.
What is Unified Communications?
Unified Communications encompasses the tools and technologies that bring together disparate communications media; phone, email, voicemail, instant messaging and faxes. Various vendors are vying to take the lead – notable Microsoft (from the data side), Cisco (networks and telephony) and various telephony vendors such as Avaya, Nortel and Aspect.
In practice this delivers solutions such as:
- ‘Unified Messaging’- a single mailbox for all inbound messages – voice, email and fax.
- Secure enterprise instant messaging (IM) - allowing real-time interaction over corporate networks.
- Presence - being able to see the availability of an individual, and determining when and how they can best be contacted.
- Collaboration through web-conferencing and on-line meetings where documents can be shared.
- Improved communication for mobile workers, and people away from the office.
- Increasingly sophisticated contact centres supporting multi-channel customer communication.
What the end-user benefits from is better, more organised communications, through their preferred device. The organisation benefits from reduced latency in communication – hence streamlining business processes.
Longer term, unified communications will be embedded into business processes – the realisation of ‘Communication Enabled Business Processes’ (CEBP).
The Unified Communications job market therefore bridges both data and voice, and Kingfisher’s Unified Messaging division includes roles in both the IT and Telecommunications departments of an organisation.
Roles & Technologies:
Infrastructure Consultant, Solution Architect, Pre-Sales Consultant, Voice Consultant, Installation Engineer, Support Engineer, Project Manager, Account Manager, Sales, Telephony Specialist, Voice Administrator.
Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, Nortel, Aspect, Alcatel-Lucent, Mitel, Siemens.
"...tenacity and ability to give realistic, direct, open advice; experience and knowledge of the marketplace; personal co...
PG - Resource Manager